The Facilities Management (FM) team are responsible for all physical aspects of the building as well as managing Health & Safety compliance to ensure the building is a safe and comfortable workplace for the staff to work in. FM have an extensive list of responsibilities which range from completing practical FM tasks, upkeeping essential administration as well as managing FM related projects.
You will join a team of 5 and will be involved in delivering the wide range of facilities & building management tasks and projects. You will have the opportunity to develop your existing skills and experience within all areas of Facilities Management to add value to both yourself and the team.
You will work with the FM team to ensure the building is managed effectively and safely. The role will support day-to-day operations throughout the day and will be responsible for general PPM and reactive tasks as well as the management of sub-contracted works.
A 24-hour emergency call-out service is also required and weekends on rotation.
Key Responsibilities (these cover the responsibilities of the team and will be shared amongst the team members)
· Maintaining building and plant rooms to a high standard (Daily, weekly and monthly checks)
· Permit to work/ site inductions for contractors
· Undertaking internal PPM to agreed internal FM SLA’s
· Reactive service to deal with issues both in hours and out of hours
· Undertaking minor project works
· Management/ supervision of sub-contractors for service and project works
· Assisting in Internal M&E Audits as required and Supporting external audits
· To update/ close completed Reactive & PPM tasks on CAFM system
· Identifying Continuous improvement initiatives including energy saving initiatives
· Meter readings for properties
· O&M management- Maintain accurate site records/documentation in association with all site works
· Participating in a 24Hr Emergency Call Out rota to cover site requirements
Skills and Experience (as many of the following as possible)
Please refer to above list of responsibilities, also;
· Good communication and interpersonal skills
· Good level of customer focus / customer service
· Basic computer skills (Word, Excel etc.)
· In depth knowledge of building services with the ability to fault find and resolve problems
· H&S Awareness
· Accuracy, sound judgment, and good prioritisation skills
· Able to work under pressure and to deadlines, (including outside normal office hours if required) and to have a flexible, service conscious approach
· Be punctual and have a proven sickness and time-keeping record
· F-Gas qualification/HVAC Knowledge
· IOSH working safely qualification