We are seeking an experienced DevOps Engineer to join our Platform Engineering Team. You will have strong hands-on technical skills, with experience of deploying and supporting AWS cloud technology and on-premise Kubernetes environments.
WHAT TYPE OF CANDIDATE ARE YOU?
You will be an excellent communicator with good documentation skills, enabling you to work with developers, systems engineers and data scientists in a complex environment. You will have attention to detail and the ability to deliver against goals and milestones. You will be a problem solver and an effective trouble-shooter, able to perform well under pressure when required to.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
You will introduce new technology to improve the speed, efficiency and reliability of our platform and you will tune existing tools to improve our developer experience. You will drive the automation of the development and deployment processes via a range of new technologies and techniques including increasing the adoption of infrastructure as code practices.
WHAT SKILLS WILL YOU HAVE?
- Strong knowledge of production AWS cloud technology deployments
- Demonstrable understanding of security best practices
- Production monitoring and alerting of micro-service-based systems
- Working knowledge of container-based deployments
- Linux and associated scripting languages (preferably Python, bash, PowerShell, etc.)
- Load balancing and HTTP services
- High-availability clustering solutions
WHAT TECH DO WE USE?
- Kubernetes, EKS, Rancher
- Terraform, Ansible, CloudFormation
- CI/CD tooling, Jenkins, Octopus
- ELK, CloudWatch • Prometheus, Grafana
- VMware virtualisation
- Hashicorp suite (Vault, Consul)
- Git, GitFlow, GitOps
- NGINX, Traefik
- ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ, NATS, SQS
- SQL and NoSQL/Document databases (e.g. MySQL, EventStore, MongoDB, Redis, DynamoDB, etc.)
- State of the art gym
- Free freshly cooked meals
- Free coffee and panini bar
- Private medical insurance
- Games room with pool tables and table tennis
- Team bonding budget
- Season ticket loan
- Cycle & Electric Car scheme
- Hybrid Working (3 in the office, 2 from home)