Starlizard uses a combination of cutting-edge research, analytical thought and a constant desire to question and improve, to maintain our position at the forefront of the sports betting market. This is a unique opportunity to join a successful and pioneering sports betting consultancy.
What type of candidate are you?
The ideal candidate will be a recent graduate with strong mathematical and numerical aptitude. A genuine interest in cricket is essential, you’ll need to enjoy watching a lot of cricket played at different levels and in different formats.
The ability to work quickly and accurately under pressure is also essential. You’ll be comfortable working independently at times although working effectively with other members of the team is essential.
Previous familiarity with betting or financial markets is desirable, but not essential.
What will you be doing?
Working with an established small team, the successful candidate will watch live cricket matches and apply existing methods to identify value bets on behalf of clients. There will also be an opportunity to develop new methods, depending on your experience and capability to continually improve our processes and decisions.
Researching matches, players, grounds and tournaments is also a core part of the role.
This job requires a confident approach to managing risk and making significant financial decisions.
The role requires a flexible approach to working hours as dictated by the cricket schedule, and will regularly include weekends, early mornings and evenings.
What skills will you have?
- A 2:1 or higher in a bachelor’s degree in any discipline
- An A in Maths A-Level
- A passion for cricket, and a detailed knowledge of current teams and players
- Experience with statistics and programming may be beneficial
How To Apply?
If you are interested in finding out more, please answer the following questions in a covering letter and send along with your CV using the upload option on the right hand side of the screen:
- Give a brief summary of your betting experience including types of bets that interest you most, and why? Feel free to refer to sports betting or any other risk-taking activity.
- If you were tasked with putting £100 on England to win this year’s T20 World Cup how would you go about it?
- Give an example of where you have used mathematics or computer programming to solve a problem.
- How long have you been interested in cricket? What is the best day’s cricket you have attended? What is your playing experience?