Starlizard’s technology teams are product-focused and highly agile. We take pride in our engineering culture and high-trust environment giving our cross-functional teams freedom to experiment, innovate and solve problems. We have a large team of exceptional engineers responsible for the entire development lifecycle.
The work and technologies are exciting but most importantly the people you’ll be working with are highly knowledgeable, friendly and supportive. The combination of people, technology and challenging problems is why engineers love working here and we hope you’ll find Star Lizard a great place to take your career to the next level.
We are looking for someone who can hit the ground running on the back end, well versed in Agile delivery practices and extremely comfortable building distributed, highly available event-driven systems in the cloud using .NET technologies.
What will you be doing?
In this role you will join a programme of 16 engineers (two teams) building a greenfield cloud system. The area of development is receiving significant investment for a major growth area for the business. The programme is already composed of a number of senior engineers who are building out a highly available and performant event-driven system using all of the best of technologies in AWS. The need to grow the team further will allow us to undertake multiple streams of work in parallel to add new features and integrations to:
- Build high performance event driven back-ends with C# .NET Core, Kubernetes, Kafka in AWS
- Perform integration and testing with 3rd parties
- Undertake non-functional testing including performance testing, reliability and recoverability testing
- Take ownership of epic delivery, working together with business counterparts to intimately understand the feature to be delivered and own the front to back solution
What skills will you have?
- Proficiency with server-side development with an appreciation of scalable, distributed, highly available architectures and event driven patterns including event sourcing
- Knowledge of different code, system, and non-functional testing practices
- Experience building cloud ready and cloud native systems ideally with AWS
- Know importance of good agile practices and be a seasoned practitioner
- Write clean, testable and maintainable code that is not over engineered
- Be articulate and empathetic in explaining design decisions and solutions
- Experienced with CI/CD, DevOps best practices and Infrastructure as Code
- A confident and good communicator
- Be proficient with:
- .NET Core, C#, Microsoft Orleans
- Kubernetes, Docker
- Kafka, MSK, EKS, DynamoDB, MySQL
- Jenkins, Terraform