Starlizard is the world’s leading sports betting consultancy. We have been at the forefront of sports betting for over 10 years and we’re world renowned as the leader in the field. Through a combination of cutting-edge research, analytical thought and a constant desire to question and improve, we maintain our position at the forefront of the sports betting market. Our Execution team play a pivotal role in consolidating the efforts of multiple departments, ensuring the value of Starlizard’s opinions maximized via the global markets. Combining market experience with cutting edge technology and a tenacious work ethic, we transact in the most efficient manner in order to provide the best outcome for our clients.
The successful candidate will join an established team of betting market experts, whose primary responsibility is to ensure bets are placed at optimum levels of price and stake. Through monitoring and analyzing betting markets in a growing number of sports, value bets are executed via various platforms which utilize global liquidity to its fullest.
The role requires a flexible approach to working hours as dictated by the sporting schedules. Regularly including weekends, early mornings and evenings.
Opportunities will arise with experience which could be in a variety of areas depending on your interests and strengths. There will also be opportunities to contribute to developing new methods and fresh ideas to help continually improve our processes and decisions.
What type of candidate are you?
The ideal candidate will be a recent graduate with strong mathematical and numerical aptitude.
A genuine interest in betting or financial markets is useful but not essential, whilst a strong interest and understanding of various sports is required.
The ability to work quickly and accurately under pressure is essential. A confident approach to risk is required, as making decisions with potentially significant financial implications are commonplace within this role.
What skills will you have?
- A 2:1 or higher, preferably in a numerate or analytical degree
- An A or higher in Maths GCSE
- A very strong and flexible work ethic
- A passion in a range of sports
How To Apply
Please review the below and answer to assist us in shortlisting. Please answer the following questions and send your tailored CV to: email@example.com
- In which sport do you think England have the best chance of winning the next world cup; football, cricket or rugby
- Give an example of a time when you performed well under pressure
- Give an example of a time something didn’t go your way, and how you handled the disappointment
- Which personal attributes do you think are important when working as part of a team?
- Give a short summary of your current betting activity